Investment advice and compliance with the Trustee Act 2000
As a trustee you have duties and responsibilities imposed by the Trustee Act 2000. These include duties:
• to exercise skill and care, as is reasonable, given your knowledge and experience.
• to invest and ensure that the investments are suitable (given the needs and rights of the beneficiaries).
• to diversify the investments.
• to regularly review the investments.
• to obtain and consider professional advice.
Unless you are a trustee with extensive investment experience and feel confident in managing the trust assets yourself, it is prudent for you to take advice and appoint a professional to assist you.
We have many years’ experience in helping trustees meet these obligations and will assist you in building and maintaining a suitable investment portfolio.
Please select a tile to find out more about the services we offer