Where somebody loses the capacity to manage their own financial affairs, a court appointed financial deputy is required, unless a power of attorney has previously been appointed.

Financial deputies are appointed by the court. You could be appointed as a lay deputy (normally a family member) or in many cases as a professional deputy, acting in that capacity for several different clients.

As a financial deputy you will have responsibility for manging the financial affairs of the person who has lost the capacity to do so.

We have many years’ experience in helping deputies to manage these financial affairs, especially in cases where the loss of capacity has been caused by a catastrophic accident and compensation has been awarded. We will help you to build a suitable investment portfolio, considering the needs of the person who has lost capacity, to ensure that their requirements are met.